Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Yogi Tea




Ummmmm.  I'm just gonna come out and say it.  All of this clean eating is slowly turning me in to a hippie.   I mean, I just ordered a nut milk bag to make my own almond milk for heavens sake. I've been researching  baby wearing and gmo's.  I might even be considering cloth diapers. GASP!   I love it though.  Its a throwback to my Oregon roots. 

 So, side note I've just realized I do that a lot.  I look like a hipster?  Its cuz I grew up in Portland.  I justify every Nike purchase because they are from my hometown.  My love of sunshine comes from growing up without any sunshine.  Oregon.  Love it. 

But back to being a hippie.  Besides being "forced" ;) to eat really delicious pizza and homemade ice cream at my baby shower, which led to the return of pms and therefore the justification of frozen yogurt and a raid on my mom's cinnamon bears stash, I have done really well.  Haha!  Eating clean has become so much more to me than getting in to booty shorts, which is a whole different post.  I love how I feel and I love the effects it has had on other areas of my life.  All those cinnamon bears gave me was some zits and a stomach ache.  I think it also made me more anxious about baby coming.  


So what is a hippie to do when faced with a stomach ache and an anxious heart?  Yoga, obviously.   I've really loved doing more yoga this year.  It challenges me to be more present and focused, and gives me determination more than any other kind of exercise I do.   So Monday night I brewed some yogi tea, sat in baby's space and refocused.  My to do list shrank.  My priorities shifted back to where they need to be. 
My stomach ache is gone.  My anxiousness has been replaced by excitement and clarity. I still have the zits but with a little help from apple cider vinegar those will be gone soon too. I highly recommend being a hippie.    

And yogi tea.  


Yogi Tea
2 quarts water
15 whole cloves
20 black peppercorns
3 cinnamon sticks
20 whole green cardamom pods, split
8 slices ginger 
1/2 tsp black tea (decaf)  

Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a 3-4 quart pot. Add cloves and boil for one minute. Next, add cardamon, peppercorns, cinnamon, and fresh ginger root. Cover and boil for at least 30 minutes. For best flavor, cover and simmer for 2 to 3 hours, adding more water if needed.  When ready, remove from heat, add black tea and let cool. Strain tea. When ready to drink, mix 1/2 cup tea and 1/2 cup milk of choice and warm it up.  Sweeten with honey to taste.  Can be stored in the fridge or even frozen.

Yogi Tea is a health-promoting beverage and a tonic for the whole body. It strengthens the nervous system, energizes the body, clears the mind, and is both a remedy and preventive measure for colds, allergies, and other illnesses.
via Yoga Yoga


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails