Monday, January 13, 2014

Peppermint Protein Shake


Well its that time of year to start all over on fitness goals.  Unfortunately for me I really am starting all over from where I began last January.  Its hard to admit that I gave up somewhere along the way last year... but if having a baby in your life isn't a good excuse then I don't know what is.  I got bone tired.  And when that happens then all resolve goes out the window.   And honestly in October I said forget it.  I'm tired of trying so hard. ALL THE TIME.   I still worked out but in case you haven't figured it out by now, the biggest thing that will help you reach your goals is your diet.  waaaaaah.   


But when there are things like peppermint protein shakes it helps the getting back on track be a little bit sweeter.   This is a simple shake recipe, but I'm warning you.  The spinach does NOTHING for the color.  It makes it look not very pretty.   But whats a shake without spinach?  I promise it does not' affect the flavor.  Even babies like it.  

CHOCOLATE PROTEIN SHAKE

8 oz unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop chocolate protein powder {I use Sunwarrior brand}
3 ice cubes
1 large frozen banana
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8-1/4 tsp of pure peppermint extract
a couple handfuls of spinach

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails