Monday, August 9, 2010

Photo Props

When I was in Portland a couple of weeks ago my sister and I hit up the thrift stores for some photo props for Darin.  I wish I had remembered my camera because these places were incredible.  We hit the jackpot at Rerun in NE Portland off of Fremont.  Everywhere else was a little spendy, but we scored a couple of chairs, a trunk, some suitcases and a couple of odds and ends.  
  Here is a stack of luggage that we thought was cute all together.  The white trunk is wood and is blue inside and has some chinese tag inside.  The yellow has an amazing green lining that is in super good shape.  And the black hat box was just too rad to pass up.  Wait until you see the lining!
Isn't it fabulous?!  Well as awesome as our finds were I wanted to spruce them up just a bit.  I used some vinyl and I guess I was too focused trying to get it done because I forgot to take pictures of the process.  But here is how they turned out...
I LOVE how the trunk turned out.  I had been waiting for just the right project to use Jen's Quatrafoil at Tatertots and Jello.  The best part about her download is it is a PNG and it is tile-able.  Which means it repeats when put together.  
Pretty cool huh.  And she was so nice to share!
 I added a swirl to the hat box using the letter "Z" from DB Fright Night.
Kind of fun huh?  I'm thinking I just need to use it for my luggage all the time.  Or stack them up for an end table with a lamp.  Of course all photos were courtesy of Darin. I'll show you the rest of the pictures from our photoshoot tomorrow.  I know you are just on pins and needles!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, not sure if i'm more in love with the vintage luggage or the vinyl itself! what an eye. so much fun, and really turned out spot on! jenn, you rock. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, totally fantastic. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea. I like the font on the hat box. I have some old suitcases that are stacked for a table. I really love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - I love it!! You did a wonderful job. I absolutely love it. So cute!

    xoox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, I wish Darin was into newborn photo shoots!

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails