Friday, May 4, 2012

May the 4th be with you.

Today is national Star Wars day.  Not a big deal to some, but it is in this house.  We will be having a marathon tonight when D gets home but I thought we'd share some of our favorite Star Wars finds to help you get in the spirit of things!  

{Darth Vader Face}

Its easy to make your own light saber to have Jedi battles.  We used a length of pipe insulation, duct tape and electrical tape for ours.  You could also use a pool noodle if your kid just has to have a colored one.  Our 97 cent length of pipe insulation made us two.  Just  cut it in half, wrap the ends with duct tape and add an electrical tape "switch".  Super easy and hours of battles.  


Toy-a-day has printable Star Wars guys that are super fun to play with and easy to assemble.  You can find them here.


Wookie the Chew.  The illustrations by this guy are SO dang cute.  He also has some other really fun art prints you should check out.  All proceeds go to help his daughter.


Girly Darth Vader.   via Crafster


Ivy's favorite line is Can someone get this walking carpet out of my way?"



And of course every true Star Wars fan needs their own R2D2 underwear!
You can find the full tutorial here.  Also if you want to make your own with your silhouette email me and I'll send you the .svg.  

Happy Star Wars day!  And May the 4th {and the force!} be with you!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I've been falling in love with Ivy since January when she joined my class and the thing I love most about her is that she is 100% HER. SHe knows exactly what she loves and why and wants to share it with everyone around her. Pretty impressive to know when you're her age!

    You've got to find "A Star Wars Christmas" She'll die. My brother and I listened to that cassette (!) nonstop growing up! My fav is "What Do You Get A Wookie For Christmas When He Already Owns a Comb!" Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. laughed HARD at the cplushie of chewie, OMG <3 that face! <3

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails