Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 17. I'm Thankful with Vintage Country Girl


Over the last year I have really come to admire Jenn and love to read her blog, so when she asked me if I would be willing to write a guest post about what I'm MOST thankful for, I was both humbled and honored.  Many things went through my mind:  my faith in God, my husband and family, my home, friends, and our jobs in this tough economy.  However, one really struck me this year in particular...being able to be a mother to my kids.

It often blows my mind that God has entrusted me with Grace and Evan.  They are great, wonderful, smart, funny, and they already love God with their whole hearts.  They are also strong-willed, emotional, dramatic, and exhausting...but I wouldn't trade them for the world, and I love them unconditionally, warts and all.
By far, being a mother is the HARDEST job I've ever had, and I've had many in my life...babysitter, waitress, receptionist, advertising coordinator, graphic designer, and sales coordinator.  However, that being said, there was nothing that could've ever prepared me for it.  The joy, the sorrow, the stress, and the love.  At the end of the day, it's the most rewarding job I've ever had. I have watched Grace and Evan go through many phases in their lives, both good and bad, (I definitely don't miss the potty-training phase!)  I have watched them gain new friends and lose old ones.  I've seen them excel in school and sports and struggle through others.  My heart breaks and soars whenever theirs does.


Did God really think I could handle this?  Sometimes I wonder.  It seems so hard at times, but he must have faith I can do it, even though he knew I'd sometimes, or often fail. So, I pray each day that God will show me how to be a good better parent.  I pray that he will forgive me for my yelling or for the punishments that I've given that have made them look at me with hate in their eyes.  I pray that he will take care of them each minute of the day, especially when I'm not with them.  And I thank him for all the time I've had with them, and all the time I still hope to have with them.


If you haven't figured it out, I love my kids more than life and I'm more than happy to be their mother.  It's the thing I'm MOST thankful for!

Thanks Lori!  If there is one thing I know its that kids really are what we should be most thankful for! xo

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. how beautiful! I can tell you as a mother of three grown daughters that love is still as strong as ever! I love my husband and my children and am thankful every single day that God has allowed me to be in their lives! What a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just followed lori over here. beautiful post! thank you both for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails