Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 21. I'm Thankful with Modern Marigold


You guys remember Amanda right?!!  My partner in crime from the Friendship Bracelet Swap?  I heart her, I really do so of course she had to visit for I'm Thankful week...



Happy Thanksgiving week, beautiful Ruffle-lets! 
I am so excited to be here -- Jenn is my favorite, did you know?
Thanks for having me over today!

I knew right away what I wanted to write about for this series, but I kept pushing it away.
really, amanda? lame. obvious. booo-ring.
But I just can't push it away. I think it would eat a hole in my head if I kept it inside any longer.
And so today...
I am thankful for the gift of 
c r e a t i v i t y .


And I'm not talking about the sewing/mod podge/stamping/scrapping kind of creativity
{though that is nice, too}. 

I'm talking about the creativity we each were born with--
The creativity that lets you make 
a smile -- a bouquet of dandelions -- a symphony of crackling leaves -- a jump-on-the-bed wild rumpus --
--that lets us make joy.
{children are so good at knowing this intuitively.}

Here is what I believe about creativity:
I believe that we are the children of the most creative being in the universe.
and whether our talents lie in friendliness or flowers, concertos or kazoos, 
I think we've each inherited some irresistible want
even if it's just a joyful noise on a little red kazoo.

Loves + hugs + I hope you are having a marvelous week of creating!



Love + Hugs + Thanks to you too Amanda!  
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for this post to remind me of this message. I am so glad they made a mormon message out of one of my favorite talks of all time. Thank you Amamnda. Love the pics of your girls. They are darling...

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails