Friday, April 16, 2010

{CHIPOTLE}

 Okay so I mentioned earlier that my other favorite things right now were chipotle and avocados.  Actually my favorite is combining the two.  At the Denver farmer's market a lady sold an amazing chipotle dip.  We love it so much that last June when I was there packing up our stuff I made sure to go to the farmer's market and pick some up.  I asked her how long it would last and she said for a really long time.  SWEET!  I picked up four.  Sadly we are scraping the sides on our last one.  
So I decided I better figure out how to make some before it was gone so I could compare.  It was way easier than I thought.  I just googled chipotle dip.  Ta Da!   I couldn't tell you the exact recipe cuz I just kind of got an idea from the recipes and went from there, but here's what I did.  

CHIPOTLE DIP
2-3 chipotle chiles from a can
1-3 tsp adobe sauce from the can(depending on how hot you want it)
maybe a cup of mayo(i use light)
2 cloves of garlic minced
lime juice from half of lime
probably 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro

WEARING GLOVES {very important} chop up the chiles to a paste.  Then add everything to a food processor and process until smooth.  Add the mayo slowly until it looks like a good ratio.    The gloves part is important because you DO NOT want to touch these and then touch your eyes, nose mouth or your kids. Even if you wash your hands really well it can still get ya. 
I know you're thinking Gee thank Jenn sweet recipe.  But I don't have time to make some more so you are just gonna have to wing it too!  Or just google chipotle dip.  And I know this is a long post about a dumb pepper but here is the exciting part.  It is so yummy on sandwiches~think turkey/bacon/avocado, hamburgers, or as a dip.  My favorite way to use it is Fish Tacos.  I was going to share but I think that's what we are having for dinner tonight so I'll take some pictures and share tomorrow.  Want some different ways to enjoy chipotle?  Check out these awesome recipes via Our Best Bites!




sorry for the lack of pictures!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails