Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 18. I'm Thankful with Lyssa Beth


Hey folks!  I hope you are enjoying I'm Thankful Week so far!  Today we have Lyssa here to tell you what she is thankful for.  I met Lyssa last year and she is always so kind and thoughtful.  

Hi guys!  My name is Lyssa Beth.  You can find me over HERE where I blog about my life as a mom, photographer, crafter, and organizer in the making.
I am so so excited to be part of Thankful Week over here with Jenn.  
I was lucky enough to meet and craft next to Jenn last year.  She's so genuine and kind!  It's just fun to be here and share with you something I made:)

So today, I am thankful for organization!
Can you imagine life without it?!  I can!  I've been there!
I am an infant hoarder with a love for garage sales and thrift store.  There is always something to be organized at my house!
Today, i'm tackling my headbands.  

I love to make these babies but how do you store them!?
Like this:


Fun huh?!  Well it's pretty simple but the end result goes a long way!

First you start with an oatmeal bin, some paper and a old candle holder:

Found this baby for a quarter at the local thrift store:



You add scrapbook paper around the oatmeal bin and you can even add fun embellishments like so: (did that with my fun ecraft machine...have you heard of it?  if not, check it out!)



Inside, you can even store other things that can't be hung or stuck on something.


Wha-la!  How easy is this?  But I love how it looks.  Very feminine and useful :)


Thanks again for stopping by and letting me share this fun idea with you over here at Ruffled Sunshine.  And Thanks Jenn for having me!

Thanks Lyssa.  Someday Ivy might wear something in her hair besides the once in a blue moon pontyail  so I will have to remember this idea for that day!
Photobucket

33 comments:

  1. love this! so adorable!
    thanks, ladies;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a pretty neat idea!!! LOve your blog, happy new follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea but when I tried it none of my cans were wide enough for my daughter's headbands. Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take a couple headbands to the store with you and try them on coffee cans or the large school lunchroom size cans.

      Delete
    2. Oatmeal container works best, but the BIG one...so I used the little one and wrapped a few layers of bubble wrap around the container and that seemed to solve the size question! Good luck... headbands are a real pain but now we have them under control!

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! I am going to use this for a headband display for an arts and crafts fair next weekend! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea!!!! And it was so easy. THANK YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome....I will definitely be using this idea and soon!!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great ides. My granddaughters are each getting one of these. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous #1:
    Sorry for the predicament! Try to find the biggest oatmeal can you can. Maybe you can add ridges or something to hold the headbands up so they don't fall down?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs. LancasterNovember 27, 2011

    Maybe try hot glueing inexpensive foam around it to make it bigger and that way the headbands can create little grooves to get a better grip. Then you can just hot glue your favorite fabric around to create the pretty design. Little more work and you'll need a glue gun, but still a super cute crafty project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do you attach the bin to the candle holder? Just hot glue? Same question for the paper around the bin? Hot glue, or something else? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Rachel,
    I just taped the paper onto the bin and then I just hot glued the bin onto the candle holder :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A roll of paper towels covered in fabric is a perfect width and alternative to the can.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great Idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute! I shared this on my blog with a link back to you!

    http://www.livingafrugallife.com/diy-frugal-headband-holder-from-an-oatmeal-canister/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great! I want to make one...but now my next question is how do you make those stunning headbands?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute idea! I was thinking, if you covered it in velvet or velour fabric, it would keep the headbands from falling down, too! Love the idea of storage inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You could put batting around the can; and then fabric to help with those larger headbands staying in place.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is sooo cute! i love hair bows and hairbands but itend to misplace them. this will keep my hairstuff in one place ans it looks adorable! This will even work for a little girls hair stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Featuring this little cutie on my blog (with a backlink of course)! Just love it! Found it on Pinterest!!! I will be making one of these babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea. I was just tiding up my bathroom today and realized I had all these head bands that had no home. I hate clutter. Well, I got on the lovely Pinterest and ta-da~ I found you blog. I am loving it!!!

    I hope you will come say hey!

    ♥ Stepha www.stephanyhyder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. AnonymousJune 26, 2012

    This is a great idea! I used tall baby formula cans from Sam's Club on a pedestal I found at the my local dollar store. It clears up my bathroom countertops so nicely! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just made 20 headbands for my soon-to-arrive granddaughter and was wondering how my daughter could store them without them getting crushed -- this was perfect timing!! I'll be taking a trip to Goodwill this evening to find some candle holders!! Thanks for the idea -- it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea! You are so clever. I have a crafts show coming up in September, and I've been trying to think of a good way to showcase my crochet-flower headbands. Now I know exactly what to do. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How do you attach the paper to the oatmeal can?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just shared this on my blog!

    http://simplysoftbabyblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/a-handmade-holiday.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am always on the hunt for a better way to organize my hair accessories and this takes the cake! I adore how simple and practical this craft is! Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. great idea--I'm making this for my granddaughters and I think I'll add clear contact over the paper to somewhat "waterproof" it since it will be in the bathroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Can't Wait to make this!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. AnonymousMay 21, 2013

    Ok..... thanks! I finally finished a large bread crumbs container. Wallpaper applied and it looks great. Many thanks for sharing you great project with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. AnonymousMay 30, 2013

    Love this idea, gonna make one with my daughter tonight! She always throws her head bands on her shelves so hoping this will help her to be a little more organized!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you can't wait to make one for grandaughter

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails