Monday, August 20, 2012

Bananas.


This knee injury is bananas.  It wasn't the 2 week recovery that I was hoping for. Sad face.  So now I have this super awesome brace to wear for the next four weeks.  The best part is it squeaks when I walk.    I also start physical therapy this week.  I've only heard horror stories.  Darin calls them physical terrorists.  I'm up for the challenge, I think.  I am just excited to be able to straighten my leg someday.  And now thanks to the doctor i am freaked out about my left leg muscles being significantly smaller then my right.  GAHHH!!!  So for now I'm still stuck doing pullups and situps.  And dang it I have to eat healthy!  Like SUPER healthy.  Which is way harder in the summer I've decided.  I just want ice cream!  My new favorite treat is saving my sweet tooth.  


{sorry for the rad instagrams.  there are pros and cons to having a photographer spouse.  the cons being they always want to take your picture.  and they always have the camera}

To make frozen bananas you will need bananas, popcicle sticks and some toppings.  My current fave is peanut butter, granola and mini chocolate chips so thats what we are going with here.  Oh you will also need a parchment lined cookie sheet to put them on.  Just peel and cut the bananas in half and insert a Popsicle stick. Spread on some peanut butter.  If you haven't switched to all natural peanut butter here's my plug to do it!  I'm talking the kind where the ingredients are just peanuts and maybe salt. Its a super easy way to cut sugar out of your diet.  The stirring is totally worth it.

Then coat with a mixture of crushed up granola and mini chocolate chips.  I put the granola in a ziplock bag and crush it up a little bit.  Put it in an 8x8 pan and mix in some mini chocolate chips.  I'm going with the mini cuz we are aiming for healthy here!  Place them on the parchment lined cookie sheet and stick em in the freezer.  They freeze fairly fast so after a couple hours you can put them in a ziplock bag.  Or just leave em on the tray if you are lazy and/or crippled like me.  Or if they don't last that long.

There are endless concoctions you can come up with for your frozen bananas.  Greek yogurt is my other go to.  With the greek yogurt or peanut butter you are getting a decent amount of protein so it even makes for a decent breakfast if you are running late.  They also totally satisfy my ice cream cravings at night.  Let me know if you try em out!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yours look so yummy! I've tried making these before and they turned out terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will have to try this! Sounds so yummy.

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails