Thursday, October 1, 2009

Boo-tiful Burlap

I'm loving all of the black and white Halloween decorations this year.  I'm also loving the burlap.  But I also love all the fall decorations that I already have making it hard to justify a complete switch.  So I found a couple of things to incorporate and blend the two.



I used this tutorial on Everyday Chaos to make her super cute BOO banner.  I then proceeded to make about 10 of them.  So if you get one from me aren't you lucky.  Then I still had some burlap and tried to figure out what else I could make to match.  I used the same font and freezer paper stencil method as the banner but made a table runner instead.



I cut a piece of burlap 14x28.  Then I used a package of black quilt binding to give it a frame.  Then stenciled on the letters in one big stencil.  Not a fan of cutting out so many letters but it turned out cool.  I especially love the glitter in the paint (which you can't see in the pictures) and how it dresses up the burlap just a bit.  Lucky for my friend Amber she gets a BOO banner and this table runner for her birthday!  Hopefully she doesn't see this before she gets it in the mail! And this is Ivy on Lowly the Worm.  And she only stays in her pajamas all day sometimes!


1 comment:

  1. those turned out very Halloweenie!

    I love the Boo - you could also do a spooky - but then it would be more work!

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails