Thursday, October 15, 2009

Spooky Soup

Every October I wait for the perfect cozy fall day to make Spooky Soup.  We had it my friend Carrie's house probably five years ago and I've made it ever since.  Its chili and whats spooky about it is that its orange!  Its great for football Sundays and a fun Halloween dinner.  I didn't get a picture but I thought I would share the recipe.

SPOOKY SOUP

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
 15-oz. can chili
 15-oz can stewed tomatoes
2 16-oz cans pinto beans
10-oz can tomatoes with chiles
2 cups sour cream
1-lb pkg. velveeta, cubed
fritos

Brown ground beef with onion; drain.  Add chili, stewed tomatoes, pinto beans, and tomatoes with chiles; simmer one hour.  Add sour cream and velveeta and simmer 1-3 more hours.  Spoon into serving bowls and serve with fritos.  Serves at least 6.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I'm glad you stumbled across that post. It REALLY helped me to share with other women who completely understood. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails