Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Scrappy Camera Strap


I used up some of my scraps from this scarf to make a new camera strap last weekend.  Nothing too exciting but I love the colors and it was an awesome scrap buster!   I almost threw my sewing machine out the window on Saturday, trying to make it.  But I persevered and it looks cute around my neck.  Almost makes me want to take up photography.  (I think I said that about my last camera strap, so don't hold me to it.)
And by the way, sewing machines do collect dust and lint so its good to clean it out every once in awhile.  Probably more often than once every seven years. You and your sewing machine will have a much better relationship.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. lol.
    so THAT's why i'm on my 3rd sewing machine!!! inherited one from my mom years ago and it was a booger to work with. the tension was always out of whack. so i yard-saled it.
    then inherited my husband's late-mother's, and it too required TOO much elbow grease to stitch on something like a simple cotton....so it too is gone to the big sewing room in the sky.
    now i'm on number 3 (and i've only had it about 4 or 5 yrs), so maybe i'll give cleaning it a whirl and keep it longer! =)
    great camera strap btw. super fun. makes me want to get the fab's out and fiddle around (as if i didn't have enough on my plate).
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely adorable! You did a great job! ...glad you hung in! I dropped in from Blue Cricket. Hope to see you back at my place soon! until later...

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails